Thursday, October 13, 2011

Recently I've had a few run ins with honesty. People being REALLY honest about things.
And while it can be a little confronting, uncomfortable or weird, in the end, I sort of like it! I love knowing where I stand and what's happening. I, personally, roll with the punches fairly well, so once I process, I can come up with a plan or at least think about it enough to wrap my head around it.
It also works in reverse. There's a lot of fun in just being honest if someone is annoying the heck outta you.
It occurs to me that every plot line and every tv show suffers from the same problem.
A lack of communication.
Think about it! All shows have some kind of hidden secret or motive that noone wants to talk about.
Ok, so maybe not all... there are a few percious gems that don't follow this all the time, but an episode or two will succumb to the good ol' plotline, just cos it's easy.
I was thinking about the different genres of shows and had a little fun with thinking what they'd be like if people communicated.




or what about spy movies...




People with secrets or pasts would confess and there would be no story line of avoidance & covering up.
It is frustrating me that people don't deal with things straight away.

That is my two year old tantrum frustration picture.

While truth is hard and often confronting but gosh, isn't it preferable to the ridiculous amount of time wasted avoiding it?
So, the moral of today's story. Stop being like a badly written cliche movie, & say what needs to be said, have the courage to speak truth, the decency to do it with gentleness, the humility to know that sometimes you're wrong and sometimes you're right, and if you're right, you don't need to rub it in or parade it.
And if someone comes to you with truth, if it's hard to hear, at least they appreciate you and value you enough to be straight forward and not play games.
So be grateful you have people in your life that want a real relationship.
And if they're just being cruel, than be bigger and have grace.
Besides, being graceful in the face of cruelty just makes them looks dumb anyway.
And that, it my rant for the day.
humph.

No comments:

Post a Comment